Are you a UI design and front-end superhero?
Weekdone is looking for a multi-talented Product UI Designer / Front-end Developer to be based in Tartu or Tallinn, Estonia.
Weekdone is one of the most successful Estonian B2B technology companies. Profitable and growing since 2015, we’re changing how people set their goals and companies manage their teams and talent. Our web and mobile based weekly and quarterly goal-setting and planning tool is used by close to thousand companies on all continents, from Fortune 500 teams like Whole Foods down to SME’s and public sector.
We’re very design-driven. We believe design and usability is what differentiates great products. Weekdone is the winner of Slush, Europe’s largest tech conference and Gold medal winner of Estonian Design Awards. We’ve also won the best user research project award at Estonian Design Awards, so being close to customers is also important for us.
We’re backed by top investors from Europe, like KIMA Ventures, Rubylight, and Skype/Kazaa/Starship co-founder Ahti Heinla.
Who are we looking for?
The Product UI Designer / Front-end Developer is responsible for designing and implementing HTML-based product interfaces for our web and mobile apps. You work hand in hand with our Chief Design Officer and Product Managers to come up with elegant UI solutions to our users’ everyday needs and our internal product requirements. You then implement the product UI in HTML/CSS/JS and pass it on to back-end development team. It’s up to you to turn our customers into happy and loyal users of the Weekdone product by creating pleasing and lovable user experiences and UI.
Your daily responsibilities will be to:
- Create simple, clear and beautiful HTML/CSS product UI
- Turn written product requirements and product management input and sketches into product wireframes, prototypes and final front-end code
- Hand off the front-end UI as actionable to-dos to back-end development
- Continuously improve the existing product front-end UI, usability, speed and performance
- Now and then test the user experience of the product on real people
You are probably a good match if you:
- Have worked a few years as a UI/HTML/Web Designer, Front-end Developer or Product Designer
- Have used and know JS frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, Backbone, Ember or others
- Ideally have a good visual eye to create your own UI designs
- Can articulate and explain your designs well to others
- Are always driven by the end-users, not your own ego
- Love simple, clear and easy to use products and interfaces
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
It would be also great if you:
- Love the world of productivity, goal-setting and personal improvement
- Love design thinking and user-centered design process
- Have created UI/UX for actual functional products used by people, not just static web pages
- Have experience with libraries like jQuery and UI frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation etc
- Know what are pre-processors like Sass, Less etc
- Have developed native or hybrid mobile apps UI
- Ideally have looked at and tried out React Native
- Want to learn and start using any of the above-mentioned tools
- Know tools, apps, methods and processes that make design teams efficient (like Agile, Lean UX, Google Sprints etc), and want to use them
- Have been part of or have founded a startup (doesn’t matter if it was a “learning experience”) or participated in a weekend hackathon like Garage48
- Have created some hobby projects or websites
- Know what is meant by buzzwords like segmented button group overflow action menu dropdown
- Can explain why and when the color green is better than red, and why stacked bar charts are good for comparing between each element in a categories, and comparing elements across categories
- Have installed more than 100 apps on your phone or signed up to more than 50 online products — knowing the popular user flows and trends, notice cool things and just like to keep yourself up to date of what’s out there and possible
- Die a little inside when you see bad design and user experience, and have 5 ways to improve anything in a product
Weekdone will offer you the best startup environment:
- Very design-driven work environment
- Opportunity to have world’s best companies, leaders and employees as users of your design and UI
- Chance to improve yourself and the world via impactful design
- Free drinks, snacks and an xBox with Mortal Kombat X in our office
- Dedicated 15-person team, with regular fun team events
- Good pay
- Sports and recreation compensation
- Education and training compensation
- You name it — what would you additionally be happy with?
You will be located at:
- At Ülikooli 5 in Tartu, or Telliskivi 60 in Tallinn, Estonia
- Startup Visa and relocation possibilities
- To apply, send us a description of your experience, or if you have, your portfolio link or a few examples of your work, and tell us more about your skills, experience and ambitions at: email@example.com. Happy to answer any questions you have!