Are you a leader that wishes to excel? Improve your team leadership by better planning and goal-setting.
Best Practices for Goal-Setting & Progress Reporting
Connect objectives to measurable results. Used internally at Google, LinkedIn, Twitter and other top Silicon Valley tech companies, OKR’s are a great method to to get employees moving towards unified goals.
Learn more about OKR methodology:
Keep everyone on the same page. Used successfully by Skype and Facebook among others, PPP is a lean method for recurring weekly or monthly personal or team updates.
- Read more and implement PPP
- Example PPP Report
- PPP Progress Report Templates
- Free PPP Software Trial
The Power of Weekdone
Working with leaders from SME’s to Fortune 500, we’ve found out one key thing here at Weekdone. In most teams goal-setting, internal communications and team management can be improved.
Just follow the proven goal-setting and planning best practice processes of world’s leading companies.
Start your free Weekdone trial here.
- Have whole team moving towards aligned goals
- Focus employees on unified objectives
- Always know what happens in your team
- Improve focus and productivity
- Give and collect feedback and ideas
Why not learn how companies like Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype, Facebook and eBay do it?
They start from setting clear quarterly goals using a process called OKRs – Objectives and Key Results. Then each team member shares their weekly Plans and Progress – called PPP. As updates come in, everyone gives feedback and guidance.
Give it a go using Weekdone.
Getting Started with OKR Goal-Setting
- Free OKR Software Trial
- OKR – Objectives and Key Results Methodology
- 3-minute OKR methodology intro video
- Top 10 Questions Managers Have About OKR Goal Setting
- E-book: Step by Step Guide to OKRs
- OKR Examples Site
- OKR Case Studies
Getting Started with Status Reports
- Free Status Reporting Software Trial
- PPP – Plans, Progress, Problems Methodology
- How to write a basic status report
- Benefits of weekly reporting
- Why and how to write an effective weekly progress report
- The purpose of weekly status reports
- 3 easy steps to screw up your progress report
Getting Employees to Value Reporting
- Make employees feel valued via performance report feedback
- Get your employees to love status reporting
- Using goals and objectives in status reporting
Planning, Productivity and Time Management
- The Eisenhower Matrix: Focus your plans on what’s important
- Pareto analysis for getting things done
- Top 10 ways for a productive week